Peter Gabriel has been writing music since the 1960’s, and has established himself as a talented performer and songwriter since the beginning of his first project, Genesis. A solo artist for many years now, Peter Gabriel continues to innovate with his songwriting and approach to music. With Peter Gabriel’s newest release, “Scratch My Back,” graphic designer Marc Bessant pays tribute to innovation and delivers an inspired piece of packaging which marries technology with tradition.
Marc’s portfolio is quite music-centric, thanks, in part, to his connection to Real World Studios (would post this place to my architecture blog if I had one). His clients include
Portishead, Malachai and DJ Andy Smith. Stunning collection of work.
“Limited to 500 copies worldwide, this multi-format box set of Peter Gabriel’s new album ‘Scratch My Back’ is available exclusively through petergabriel.com
Designed at Real World by Marc Bessant, this ‘Scratch My Back Collector’s Edition’ is presented in a rigid, full colour and gloss laminated lift off lid box, which includes:
- A 4Gb USB key containing 96khz/24 bit studio quality audio of the album, housed in a high density laser engraved foam tray.
- Blood Red, 180gsm heavyweight 12 inch vinyl pressing of ‘Scratch My Back’ featuring new sleeve artwork unique to this edition.
- A 12 inch square print of the album cover, printed on the 352gsm Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Smooth stock, signed and numbered in pencil by Peter Gabriel.
- The Special Edition double CD of the album, presented in a case bound full colour and gloss laminated 10 inch cover. Housed in a high density foam tray.
- Foil blocked and numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- Production credits panel with an introduction to the project by Peter Gabriel on the verso.”